Ladakh Tour Packages
- Best of Leh and Kashmir Best of Leh and Manali Glimpses of Leh and Ladakh High Altitude Lake tour Kerala with Ladakh
- Ladakh Cultural tour Ladakh with Golden Triangle Ladakh and Kashmir tour Ladakh with Classical India Ladakh with Taj
- Leh and Ladakh Panaroma Manali - Leh by road Ladakh with Rajasthan Markha Valley via Ganda Stok-Kangri Expedition
- Lamayuru Alchi Trek Tsomoriri - Kibber Tour Jhunglam Trek Tour Kangyatse Tour Tingmosgam Tour
- Markha Valley Phyang Hunder Tour Spituk Stok Kangyatse Tour Rupshu Kharnak
- Ladakh Lakes Tour Ladakh Monastery Tour Lamayuru via Zanskar Lamayuru-Zanskar Trek Rumtse Tsomoriri Tour
Camping in Ladakh
Set amidst towering mountains, cascading rivers and magnificent gorges of the majestic Karakoram and Himalayas, Ladakh is indeed a land of stunning beauty. A perfect way to enjoy this Himalayan bliss is to camp out in the open and spend serene nights under the stars. Indulge in the luxury of the picturesque landscapes in the most relaxed atmosphere. Enjoy nature, meet locals, and encounter wildlife.
The best camping option is to secure the company of a good guide, hire a jeep and camping gear including a tent, and charter your own route. Customize your own trip, drive through this beautiful desert by day exploring its rugged beauty. Visit the numerous monasteries, tiny villages, nomadic groups and rest by the riverside absorbing the breathtaking nature of the area, and pitch your tent under the sky by night.
Some exciting camping tours include Leh-Zanskar, about 8 days ride through glaciers and traditional villages, following the Suru valley upstream Pensi La and then down into Zanskar, Leh-Pangong Tso-Tso-Moriri-Tsokar-Leh, about 7 days through villages and brackish lakes, Leh-Central Ladakh-Nubra Valley-Changthang-Leh, a culturally fascinating trip of about 13 days through villages and meeting nomadic people, Leh-Manali a 2/3 day trip crossing two passes of over 4,800m, and Leh-Nubra which includes a ride over the highest motorable pass in the world Khardungla (5,602 m). There are plenty of camping sites along these tracks and adequate water sources.
For the less adventurous, contact a reliable tour operator to organize a camping trip.
The area in and around Zanskar, Stok Kangri, Markha and Rupshu are also great camping sites.