Ladakh Tour Packages
- Best of Leh and Kashmir Best of Leh and Manali Glimpses of Leh and Ladakh High Altitude Lake tour Kerala with Ladakh
- Ladakh Cultural tour Ladakh with Golden Triangle Ladakh and Kashmir tour Ladakh with Classical India Ladakh with Taj
- Leh and Ladakh Panaroma Manali - Leh by road Ladakh with Rajasthan Markha Valley via Ganda Stok-Kangri Expedition
- Lamayuru Alchi Trek Tsomoriri - Kibber Tour Jhunglam Trek Tour Kangyatse Tour Tingmosgam Tour
- Markha Valley Phyang Hunder Tour Spituk Stok Kangyatse Tour Rupshu Kharnak
- Ladakh Lakes Tour Ladakh Monastery Tour Lamayuru via Zanskar Lamayuru-Zanskar Trek Rumtse Tsomoriri Tour
Phugtal Gompa Monastery
As its name suggests (Phug means cave), the honey-comb-like Phugtal Monastery, home to more than 70 monks, stands at the opening of a large cave on a cliff above the Tsarap River. It has three large and one small prayer room whose frescoes are similar to the 11th century ones of Alchi Monastery. The chorten here is believed to house the relics of its founder, Tsherap Zangpo.
It takes a tough, arduous trek of two or three days to reach this isolated monastery, which appears to be miraculously glued on to the side of a vertical rock-face. It serves as among the most secluded monasteries of the area. Lying in the Zanskar region, the monastery lies at the opening of a giant cave. The cave is deserted on the front of a huge gorge that is also a passageway for a main tributary of the southern Lungnak River. Visitors can go through the Padum-Manali trekking route to reach the monastery.
Various chapels are located inside the premises of the Gompa, one of these chapels displays an Indian touch. The frescoes and the ceiling decorations, enhancing the appeal of the chapel, signifies the marks of artistic influence of the country.
Visitors can enjoy a fun-filled trek to reach the monastery. Tourists can relax in salubrious climate where the serene environs soothe your mind. They can also enjoy the spectacular views of high alps and peaks, few of them are enveloped with snow. The striking architecture of Phuthal Gompa is another delight for visitors. They can reach to the monastery by a trek for two or more days, offering an adventurous experience. Tourists on their visit to Ladakh can feel exciting to reach at Phugtal Monastery by trekking. Visit this Buddhist monastery in Ladakh for and also enjoy a wonderful experience of trekking as well.