Ladakh Tour Packages
- Best of Leh and Kashmir Best of Leh and Manali Glimpses of Leh and Ladakh High Altitude Lake tour Kerala with Ladakh
- Ladakh Cultural tour Ladakh with Golden Triangle Ladakh and Kashmir tour Ladakh with Classical India Ladakh with Taj
- Leh and Ladakh Panaroma Manali - Leh by road Ladakh with Rajasthan Markha Valley via Ganda Stok-Kangri Expedition
- Lamayuru Alchi Trek Tsomoriri - Kibber Tour Jhunglam Trek Tour Kangyatse Tour Tingmosgam Tour
- Markha Valley Phyang Hunder Tour Spituk Stok Kangyatse Tour Rupshu Kharnak
- Ladakh Lakes Tour Ladakh Monastery Tour Lamayuru via Zanskar Lamayuru-Zanskar Trek Rumtse Tsomoriri Tour
Stok Khangri Trekking
Ladakh with all the towering mountains and rugged terrain of the Karakoram, Zanskar and the Ladakh ranges, not surprisingly, is a mountaineers' paradise. The climbing season extends from to July to September. Stok Kangri is the highest mountain in the Stok Range of the Himalayas in the Ladakh region (northwest India). The peak is located in the Hemis National Park.
Stok Khangri (6,121m), in the Zanskar mountain range, is the most accessible, and one of the most popular climbs. It is a non-technical climb, and on a good day, one can make it to the summit and back to the base camp, in the same day. The peak provides a stupendous views of the Indus valley and the Karakoram mountain range.
Being close to Leh is one of its plus points. It is a short half an hour ride to Stok village from where the ascent trek to the base camp begins. This is designed so as to aid acclimatization. Climbers must make sure they spend a few days before taking on the expedition for acclimatization. Physical training is another pre-requisite to any climb. From the base camp, it is a few hours above to the advanced base camp. The climb to the summit begins early the next morning, as it is best to avoid the mid-day sun, which can be very harsh.
Foreign climbing expeditions require permission from the Indian Mountaineering Foundation. A booking fee is charged and a liaison officer assigned to every team. Processing of applications takes a minimum of six months so it is advisable to plan well ahead.
The view from the top of Stok Kangri is simply one of the best in the Himalayas. One can enjoy great views of the Zanskar and Karakoram ranges including K2 (8611 m), the second highest peak in the world, from here.